These are a nice switch up from traditional mashed potatoes. Not too heavy on starch, with extra vitamins and flavors these vegan mashed potatoes are delightfully delicious. I also use these in my vegetarian Sheppard’s Pie.
- 2 cups parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into cubes
- 5 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup Basic roots cashew “cheese” with peppercorn (raw cashew nut)
- Kirkland sea salt and fresh ground Kirkland Tellicherry pepper to taste
- In boiling water cook the parsnip, cauliflower and potatoes until soft.
- Mash adding the soy milk, cashew cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.