Amaretto is one of my favorite liqueurs, and when mixed with the tiramisu flavors of cocoa powder, coffee and mascarpone you obtain these delightfully sinful truffles. If you’re ever pressed for time to come up with a delicious but fancy dessert for guests, use this recipe as it’s easy and you’ll hear lots of “Mmmmmm, OH!, Mmmmm!”. I adapted this recipe from the polish blog domowe wypieki.
- Dissolve the coffee into the amaretto.
- Crush the lady fingers into fine crumbs by either using a food processor or by putting them into a Ziploc bag and crushing with a roller.
- In a bowl mix the amaretto with the mascarpone, butter and vanilla.
- Now add in the lady finger crumbs and almond flour, mix everything and then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until the butter stiffens allowing balls to be made.
- Remove from the fridge and scoop a heaping teaspoon and roll in your hands into the shape of a ball.
- Roll each truffle in cocoa powder.
- The truffles must be stored in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge just prior to serving.