If you’ve ever gone out to a great tapas restaurant, chances are one of your dishes included tapenade; it’s a staple of tapas. If you’ve ever made your own tapenade, you know how easy it is to prepare and if you haven’t, this is a great recipe that I’ve adapted from my Easy Tapas recipe book. Olives can be fairly expensive if they are purchased from your supermarket’s deli, but Costco offers large jars of pitted Kalamata olives at a very good price.
- 175g (approx 1 cup) Kalamata olives, chopped (available at Costco in large jars)
- 1 can anchovy filets (50g), chopped (save the oil)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients, including the oil from the anchovy filets, in a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- If you will not be using the tapenade immediately, cover and place in the fridge, it will stay fresh for several days.