Tired of regular french fries? Give these sweet parsnip fries a try!
Sweet parsnip fries
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 5 or 6 parsnips, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Create a flat baking dish with aluminum foil, with edges, so that it looks like the top of a shoe box.
- In a bowl add the strips of parsnip, the olive oil, butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Mix everything together and then place on the aluminum baking pan.
- These may be cooked either in the oven at about 375F or on the BBQ.
- If on the BBQ start out on the lower/main rack and monitor to ensure they do not burn, moving to the top rack if they start burning before they finish cooking.
- In either case cook until the parsnips are a golden color.
Sweet parsnip fries served with an elk burger