Sometimes we don’t have the time or inclination to make a delicious, healthy breakfast. But we shouldn’t cheat our bodies either, and this smoothie is the perfect answer. It provides all the essentials we need to start our day. Greek yogurt (0% fat) is low calorie and provides us protein. The banana provides potassium, the mango vitamins C, B6 and A. Chia seeds are one of the superfoods and provide magnesium, calcium, are packed with fiber and are a super source of Omega 3. Almond milk provides large amounts of vitamins D, A and E. This cocktail is a real vitamin bomb for a good start of the day and tastes great as well.
- ½ banana sliced
- 1 cup mango cut into cubes (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Kirkland Grade A honey
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of soaked chia seeds (Our Costco carries C&F Foods Inc Chia)
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (preferably 0% fat, available at Costco)
- ⅔ cup almond milk (Available at Costco)
- Ahead of time measure 3 tablespoons of dry chia seeds into 1 cup of water in a small mug or container, then stir with a fork. It will take at least 15 minutes for the chia seeds to soak up the water, but ideally do this the night before and then cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge. Soaked chia will last for up to a week when refrigerated.
- Blend all the ingredients using electric blender