This is a really fast and simple vegetarian pea soup that can easy be modified to be vegan.
Serve it in some unique dishware such as these espresso cups and you have a very stylish St. Patrick’s Day party soup. This recipe serves about 4-6 people in small servings.
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of frozen green peas
- 1 medium size potato cut in to small cubes
- ¼ cup of half and half cream (for less calories you can use coffee cream. For the vegan version substitute coconut milk)
- fresh ground Kirkland Signature Pink Himalayan Salt
- fresh ground Kirkland Signature Tellicherry Pepper
- Serve with:
- sour dough bread (baguette is best if serving the soup in small cups)
- cayenne pepper
- radish sprouts
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer, then add the potato and cook until soft.
- Add peas and cream and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the creamy soup back into the pot and warm up and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to serve the soup, toast some slices of bread, spread with butter and lightly dust with cayenne pepper, and top with radish sprouts.
- Serve the soup and sprinkle with a little extra black pepper and optionally with a few radish sprout leaves.