This is one of my favorite soups for when my husband is off on a business trip and I don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen.
It is very simple and quick to make, low in calories but very tasty. And to help reduce costs, I’ve found Kirkland’s soft unripened goat cheese to be about half the price of similar quality goat cheese in your local supermarket.
- 1 medium sized potato, cut into cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1 small carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- salt and fresh ground Kirkland pepper
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- Italian parsley
- Kirkland soft unripened goat cheese
- Over medium heat, warm the oil in a deep frying pan or pot and then add the vegetables and cook for a minute or two.
- Add broth, season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer over medium to medium/low heat for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Take half of the soup, transfer to a blender and blend until a creamy texture is obtained. Add the blended portion back to the pot.
- Remove from heat and serve, adding crumbled goat cheese cream and chopped italian parsley.