I have to be honest, this salad is only for people who love sauerkraut or are really open to new flavors. Sauerkraut is really popular in Poland so I love it and I’m used to its taste. On the other hand my husband, who also had some exposure to sauerkraut as a child, doesn’t exactly jump and down to have some. Seeing his face after taking a bite of this salad was kind of priceless :) Even when I told him of the nutritional benefits, it didn’t change his mind. Sauerkraut is extremely high in vitamin C, B and K, calcium, magnesium, dietary fiber and is known as the original pro-biotic.
- 1½ sauerkraut
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Kirkland fresh ground Tellicherry pepper
- Squeeze all the “juice” from sauerkraut and then chop into bite size pieces.
- Mix the sauerkraut with carrot, spring onion, sugar, oil and lots of fresh ground pepper.
- Optionally garnish with parsley