Some of the best foods and drinks are those with only a few ingredients as it allows the individual characteristics of each to really stand out. A good example of a simple drink is the Appletini, which consists only of apple juice/cider and vodka. Here I used Kirkland’s Vodka, which many on the internet speculate is made by Grey Goose. I wouldn’t be surprised, what do you think?
A great enhancement to turn this into a Valentine’s drink is to add a frozen raspberry juice heart. You’ll need a silicon heart mold and then simply freeze raspberry juice, or for a slightly sweeter version, mix half raspberry syrup and half water and then freeze in the mold.
- Kirkland Vodka (chill in a freezer)
- Chilled apple juice
- Raspberry juice / Raspberry syrup mix
- In a cocktail shaker ¾ full of ice, add 1 shot of vodka and 4 shots of apple juice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds and then pour into a martini glass.
- Add a single frozen raspberry heart.
Polish Alternative: Apple and vodka is very popular in my home country of Poland, especially with Żubrówka, a Polish made rye based vodka that contains a single strand of bison grass. Simply substitute the Kirkland vodka with the Żubrówka and you have a “szarlotka”, simply translated in English as “apple pie”, and also known as “Tatanka”.