I was browsing through Pinterest when I found a very interesting recipe for banana “pancakes”. It really intrigued me, because the list of ingredients had only 2 items: banana and eggs. That’s it! So why not give it a try? It’s gluten free and I had bananas and eggs so in the morning I decided to give it a shot. They were surprisingly good!
As an alternative, we tried this a second time and added very finely ground almonds and my husband and I both like the second version slightly better.
Notes: the first photo is the 2 ingredient only pancake, topped with gooseberries. The second contains the almonds, topped with fresh raspberries.
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (best with a very ripe banana)
- fruit topping
- Version 2 – add ¼ cup finely ground almonds (Costco offers whole and sliced almonds)
- Mash the banana with a fork until it is a mush.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer until they are fluffy.
- For version 2, combine the bananas with the almonds.
- Combine the banana mixture with the eggs and fry in a hot skillet that has been sprayed with oil.
- These pancakes are very sweet, so serving with maple syrup or sugar is a bit of overkill. But do top with your favorite fresh fruit!