West African Groundnut Stew
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Main
- Prepare the vegetable broth.
- In a deep sauce pan over medium heat, add the broth, onion, garlic and ginger and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a stainless steel (or other heatproof bowl), mix together the almond butter and tomato paste. Add 1 cup of the broth from the sauce pan and mix everything until smooth.
- Add the paste mixture into the deep sauce pan, mix.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, Swiss chard, paprika, coriander, cayenne, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Bring to a simmering boil and then cover, reduce the heat and continue to simmer until the sweet potato pieces are tender.
- Serve the stew into bowls and garnish with cilantro and ground peanuts.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/west-african-groundnut-stew/