Vegetarian Bean Pate
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 cans butter beans (approx 3 cups without water, drained and rinsed)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sized pear, quartered, seeded and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Costco almond butter (any nut butter can be used)
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 dried allspice berries
- 2 eggs
- Kirkland sea salt
- fresh ground Kirkland Tellicherry pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 360F.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and then fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the pear, rosemary sprig, bay leaf and allspice berries and fry for a further 10 minutes or until the pear is very soft.
- Remove from heat and remove the spices and herbs.
- In a food processor or blender, add the cooked onions and pear, plus the beans and blend until smooth.
- Add the almond butter and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs and blend again.
- Line the bottom of a banana bread pan with parchment paper and then add the bean pate.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until golden on top and the pate is no longer wobbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pate to cool in the pan.
- Place in the fridge and allow the pate to cool overnight or for at least 8 hours.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/vegetarian-bean-pate/