Kale Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Side
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- ½ cup leek, chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons or more milk (depends on how starchy your potatoes are)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- Kirkland sea salt
- fresh ground Kirkland Tellicherry pepper
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes and cauliflower together until the potatoes are soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, warm a small pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and then fry the leek and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and the kale to the leek and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and in the same pot add the butter and milk and mash everything until smooth. If it is too dry add more butter or milk, whichever you prefer.
- Add the kale and leek into the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/kale-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/