Homemade Turkey Ham
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: home made ham
- Approximately 1 pound of turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon Saskatoon berry jam (plum jam, blackcurrant jam or other dark fruit jams would also work well)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kirkland balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon Kirkland sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons Kirkland liquid honey
- ⅛ teaspoon dried garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil
- butcher's string or elastic meat netting (I re-used a net that came over a pork loin roast but netting can be purchased)
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together (except the turkey) to make the marinade.
- Shape the turkey breast into a log shape and secure in place with the butcher's string/net.
- Put the turkey breast in a smaller banana bread pan, cover with the marinade by pouring it over top and then rolling the turkey breast in the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 24 hours to marinade.
- The next day, pre-heat oven to 360F.
- Drain the marinade from the banana bread pan into a bowl and mix 1½ tablespoons water into the marinade.
- Pour half of the marinade back on the meat and reserve the other half to pour over the turkey ham as it is baking.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160F . When cooking baste the turkey ham with additional marinade every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it completely cool.
- Once cool you can place it in the fridge or slice up for individual freezing.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/homemade-turkey-ham/