Sour Cherry Coffee Cake
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs (Costco has organic eggs by the 1.5 dozen at a great price)
- 1 cup buttermilk, kefir or liquid plain yoghurt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Kirkland pure vanilla
- icing sugar for dusting
- 3 cups sour cherries, pit removed (approximately 90-100 cherries)
- Pre-heat oven to 360F
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs with the buttermilk/kefir/yoghurt. Then add the oil and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- In a large baking pan lined with parchment paper, pour in the cake batter.
- Lightly place the sour cherries onto the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/sour-cherry-coffee-cake/