Vegetarian Chipotle Stew
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup cooked wild rice (leave yourself at least 40-60 minutes if you have to cook the wild rice)
- 5 baby/creamer potatoes cut in quarters
- 1 bell pepper cut in cubes
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup of zucchini, cubed
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle paste (use more for more heat)
- 3 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of taco/fajita spice mix (I used our Seattle World Spice taco/fajita mix)
- 2 teaspoons of Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- Kirkland sea salt and fresh ground Kirkland Tellicherry pepper
- 1 cube organic vegetable broth
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- In a large deep pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and then fry the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and smoked paprika and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper, green beans, zucchini, precooked potatoes, chipolte paste and spice mix and fry, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the cube of broth and half of the red kidney beans. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Using a food processor, blend the rest of the beans and then add them into the pan, mix everything and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add some water if necessary to ensure you have a good amount of sauce.
- Towards the end mix in the cooked wild rice and cook for a few minutes or until everything is heated through.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/vegetarian-chipotle-stew/