Grilled shrimp with garlicky tomato glaze
Author: Costco Diva
Recipe type: Main
- 3 tablespoons Kirkland extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Kirkland organic tomato paste
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (use more for extra heat)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon Kirkland sea salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, garlic, chili flakes, basil and salt. Whisk until a nice marinade/sauce is formed.
- Add the shrimp, mix to cover the shrimp with sauce (push any shrimp down under the sauce) cover and marinate for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare your BBQ - aim for 350F.
- Thread the shrimp onto BBQ skewers.
- Boil the remaining marinade.. we'll use it as a baste as the shrimp grill.
- Grill the shrimp skewers - with the marinade, brush the upward facing side of the shrimp and grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp and brush with marinade again.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes total or until the shrimp turn pink.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/grilled-shrimp-with-garlicky-tomato-glaze/