Gluten Free Quinoa and Beet Salad
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 apple sized beet
- 2 tablespoons TruRoots quinoa (Available at Costco at a great price)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup Kirkland walnuts, roasted
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Kirkland sea salt and fresh ground Tellicherry pepper
- Wash the beet, place into a pot, cover with water and boil until it's soft. Remove and let cool.
- Peel and cut the beet into very small cubes.
- Rinse quinoa under cold water, put into a small pot, cover with 4 tablespoons of water and cook for 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a big bowl, mix together the beets, garlic, quinoa, walnuts, lemon juice and feta cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Costco Diva at http://www.costcodiva.com/gluten-free-quinoa-and-beet-salad/