Have you ever made your own chocolates? Most people I’ve talked with answer No because they mistakenly think it is too difficult or time consuming. However most chocolates are actually really very easy to make, and the results can be good as the best chocolates from the most talented chocolatiers. Give these chocolate mascarpone truffles a try, they’re blissfully good and you’ll get at least 20 truffles – they make a great gift idea!
- In a saucepan add the chocolate chips and cream, then melt the chocolate over low heat, stirring very frequently.
- When the melted chocolate has a smooth consistency remove from heat and mix in the mascarpone and brandy. Stir until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Put the mix into the fridge and let it cool for 2-3 hours.
- Once cool take out of the fridge and scoop small portions out with a spoon and form into a small ball, a bit smaller than the size of a walnut.
- Gently roll each ball in cocoa powder so as to coat it and arrange them on a plate. Then place the truffles into the fridge and keep cool until ready to serve.